SCM is a growing and profitable scientific software company in Amsterdam, developing and marketing software in computational quantum chemistry and materials science for over 25 years. We have grown to around two dozen people over the last few years. To make SCM help our end users even better, we are looking for a customer support officer to join us.
What will you do?
The full-time position entails 50% account management tasks and 50% software support tasks.
- Processing price quotes, purchase orders, license renewals, license requests, trial requests
- Streamlining such processes
- First point of contact for academic partners and resellers for practical day-to-day matters
- Handling common commercial and legal questions; passing on complex ones to sales or CEO
- Work with marketing, CEO, financial administration
- Other day-to-day office management and administrative tasks
- Reviewing, answering, and assigning incoming technical and scientific support questions
- Identifying relevant (up-)sales opportunities
- Testing new features for relevant applications
- Trying tutorials and suggesting improvements
- Trying to break the software from a user’s perspective
- Excellent command of English
- Great communicator to people around the globe in business and research positions
- Problem-solving attitude with great motivational and team skills
- Attention to detail, even for seemingly routine processes
- Friendly and empathic towards end users needs
- University degree or equivalent experience (at least MSc, but PhD preferred)
- Experience with computational chemistry and materials modeling is a big plus
- For local organizational tasks it helps to have good oral and written Dutch skills
In principle, applicants can have any nationality (but immigration rules apply, favoring EU applicants).
What we offer
- This position will initially be for one year but is intended to be extended and become permanent
- The position is available immediately but there is flexibility concerning the starting date
- Competitive salary related to experience, bonus, as well as relocation costs and secondary benefits (including ABP pension fund)
- 34 holidays per year on top of national holidays
- Flexible working hours and the ability to occasionally work remotely
The working environment at SCM
The friendly working atmosphere at SCM is that of an informal small team of PhD-level researchers and scientific software developers doing intellectually challenging work. This central position within the company involves interaction with all colleagues.
Originating as a spin-off company of the VU University, Amsterdam, SCM has its office space on the VU campus, at walking distance from the Amsterdam-Zuid train station. We also extensively collaborate with a growing number of academic groups and household-name industrial partners worldwide.
SCM is a science-focused company which has been around for more than 25 years. It is financially solid, growing, and profitable. We are located in Amsterdam, the very lively, internationally oriented, and enjoyable capital of The Netherlands. Thanks to its high quality of living and dynamism, Amsterdam has been elected as best European tech city and 4th most dynamic European city to work in, “best city for Millennials to live”, and it consistently ranks high in Mercer’s annual Quality of Living surveys (11th best in the world, in 2019). The Netherlands is also number one on the English proficiency list of 100 countries.
Further information, applying
Those interested in this position are encouraged to contact us for further information. Job applications including a CV and a cover letter with motivation can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org until 16 July, 2021, but preferably sooner, or until the position has been filled.Key conceptsjobs