THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED, APPLICATIONS ARE NO LONGER CONSIDERED ..
SCM, a software company located in Amsterdam and operating in the area of computational quantum chemistry, is looking for a Technical Writer / Scientific Support staff member for its software package ADF. The wide variety of tasks will include, among other things, writing technical end user documentation, communicating with current and tentative ADF users, and preparing scientific marketing materials.
About the job
- Writing user’s guides, tutorials, and case studies for SCM’s software
- Preparing texts for marketing materials for ADF (brochures, website, …)
Possible additional tasks
- Scientific support to end users and business partners (such as resellers)
- Contact with trial users
- Collecting requirements from current users
- Representing SCM at conferences and workshops
- Web demonstrations of ADF to tentative users
- Limited amount of (script) programming and ADF applications for end users
- Ph.D. degree in theoretical or computational quantum chemistry (exceptional candidate with M.Sc. may be considered)
- Excellent communication skills, especially in writing
- Good English skills, especially in writing
- Team player
- Openness to learn
- Experienced user of DFT software in mainstream application areas
- ADF experience
- Willingness to travel
- Enthusiastic, extrovert personality
What we offer
This new position will initially be for a fixed term, such as 1 year, but may be prolonged or converted into a permanent position in case of success. The starting date can be anywhere between October 1, 2007 and February 1, 2008, with a preference for an early start. Salary and secondary benefits will be competitive. Additional tax advantages (30% of salary tax-free) may be available for a successful candidate from abroad. This may be either a full-time or a part-time position in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
About SCM and ADF
Scientific Computing & Modelling NV (SCM) is a spin-off company founded in 1995 at the Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. SCM develops, maintains, and markets the Amsterdam Density Functional (ADF) package, consisting of the molecular ADF program, the periodic structure program BAND and their Graphical User Interfaces.
The working atmosphere at SCM is that of an informal small team of Ph.D.’s doing intellectually challenging work. In daily life SCM is part of Prof. Baerends’ well-known Theoretical Chemistry (TC) group. The TC group consists of about 25 people, including a very international mix of Ph.D students and postdocs. SCM cooperates with a large number of academic ADF and BAND developers around the world. Amsterdam is a very lively, cultural, internationally oriented, and enjoyable place to live.
Detailed information on SCM and ADF can be found at SCM’s website: http://www.scm.com. Those interested in this position are encouraged to contact Dr. Stan van Gisbergen, SCM’s Chief Executive Officer (email@example.com, tel: +31-20-5987626) for further information.
Job applications can be sent by E-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) until October 15, 2007, but preferably sooner. Applications should contain a resume (CV) and a letter explaining the motivation for applying. Motivated open applications for other job types may also be taken into consideration.