If you don’t have an active user account, first request a 30-day evaluation of the Amsterdam Modeling Suite. Our License Terms apply to using the Amsterdam Modeling Suite. The AMS2023 release notes summarize major changes and improvements since AMS2022.
Note: For recent AMD machines, you may benefit from the AMD-Zen optimized binaries, while for recent Macs (M1/M2), the Apple Silicon binaries should be fastest.
See also hardware recommendations.
Apple Silicon (M1/M2/M3)
Other binaries: Intel macOS, AMD Zen, OpenMPI, or statically linked MKL
|ams2023.104||64-bit Windows||Microsoft MPI, optimized for AMD-Zen|
|ams2023.104||Linux (x86-64, 64-bit)||Intel MPI + statically linked MKL|
|ams2023.104||Linux (x86-64, 64-bit)||Intel MPI with AOCL, optimized for AMD-Zen|
|ams2023.104||Linux (x86-64, 64-bit)||OpenMPI|
|ams2023.104||macOS 10.15+ (x86-64, Intel 64-bit)||OpenMPI|
The main Linux binary ships with runtime IntelMPI libraries, which may be replaced with local MPI libraries, e.g. on the Cray XC series via ABI (see the Installation manual for more details). The hardware Q&A summary could help to find the best hardware set up for you.
- Bug-fixed binaries: fixes and improvements after the latest sub-release (see bug fix changelog)
- Development snapshots: new functionality (see trunk changelog), but not fully tested
- COSMO-RS databases: compounds database 2018 – including ionic liquids; 2019 polymer database.
- LFDFT atomic database
- Quantum ESPRESSO binaries and pseudopotentials: install via GUI or manually
- LGPL tools to read KF files: KFReader (C routines), kf.py: (Python module, needs ADF)
- We include open source and free software, including GPL v3 software (further information)
- Typical users, including trial users do not need the source code (further information).
Included with the binaries:
- Encrypted DFTB parameters (see FAQ)
- ReaxFF force fields, other force fields (UFF, Amber, Sybyl/Tripos, DIM/QM)
- Command-line examples, documentation
- Slater-type orbitals (STO) basis sets optimized for ZORA for all elements 1-120 (available as text)
Downloads for previous releases
- Binaries for AMS release 2022.104: Windows, Windows for AMD Zen, MacOS, Linux with IntelMPI, Linux with OpenMPI, Linux for AMD Zen; Latest AMS2022 bugfixes
- Binaries for AMS release 2021.107: Windows 64-bit, MacOS, Linux with IntelMPI, Windows for AMD Zen, Linux for AMD Zen
- Binaries for AMS release 2020.104: Windows 64-bit, MacOS, Linux with IntelMPI, Windows for AMD Zen, Linux for AMD Zen
- Binaries for AMS release 2019.307: Windows 64-bit, MacOS, Linux with IntelMPI, Linux optimized for AMD Zen
- Binaries for AMS release 2019.105: Windows 64-bit, MacOS, and Linux with IntelMPI.
- Binaries for AMS release 2018.107: Windows 64-bit, MacOS, and Linux with IntelMPI.
- Other binaries are available from the previous releases page. Contact us if you need a different subrelease or a different OS.