Fall 2018 workshops: Beijing, Dalian, Osaka, Tokyo
With our reseller FermiTech and research groups in China we will have two 2-day workshops in Beijing (22+23 October) and Dalian (24+25 October).
The first training day will involve basic and a few advanced features of our DFT codes ADF and BAND, DFTB and COSMO-RS and will introduce the AMS driver for PES exploration (see hands-on slides as pdf). The second training day will be on advanced ReaxFF features (sees pdf), mainly ReaxFF parameter fitting.
The week thereafter in Japan we have a 1-day ReaxFF parameterization workshop in Osaka with Prof. Hagita (see slides) and a 2-day workshop (slides) with our reseller Molsis in Tokyo, focusing on ReaxFF acceleration and, again, on ReaxFF force field fitting.
Future workshops notifications and requests
Let us know if you would like to have a specific or general workshop at your University or Institute! We gladly adapt the schedule and suggested exercises according to the interest of the participants. Subscribe below for notifications on upcoming workshops.
Example schedule for a 1-day workshop:
09.30-10.30: Introduction and overview of the ADF Modeling Suite
10.30-12.00: Getting started: building molecules, basic calculations
13.00-17.00: Advanced exercises, further discussions
- 1-day Workshop, Daejeon (9 February 2018, Fedor)
- 2-day workshop, Almaty (21-22 September 2017, Alexei)
- 1-day workshop, IDRIS, Orsay, (30 June 2017, Ole)
- Half-day workshop, SHARCNET, Waterloo, Canada (12 June 2017, Thomas)
- Half-day workshop, HPCS2017, Kingston (6 June 2017, Thomas)
- 2-day workshops in China, (Xiamen 16-17, Shanghai 19-20 May, Fedor). See slides
- One-day workshop CSC training facilities in Espoo (3 May 2017, Ole)
- 1-day hands on workshop, TU Dresden (27 March 2017, Mirko & Thomas)
- 2-day hands-on ReaxFF workshop, London (27+28 September 2016)
- 1-day hands-on workshop A*CRC, Singapore (8 July 2016)
- 1-day hands-on workshop NCHC, Hsinchu, Taiwan (1 July 2016)
- 1-week ADF workshop (TCCM) at VU Amsterdam (18-22 April 2016)
- 1-day ADF workshop at the CASCaM, UNT (21 March 2014)
- 2-day ADF+ReaxFF NSCCS workshop (8+9 April 2014)
- 1-day ADF workshop at the Universität Ulm (22 September 2014)
- 1-day ADF workshop at the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität (23 September 2014)
- 1-day ADF workshop at Hong Kong University (12 May 2015)
- 1-day ADF workshop at the National Supercomputing Center in Shenzhen (13 May 2015)
- 1-day ADF workshop at Tsinghua University (16 May 2015)
- 1-day ADF workshop at George Washington University (12 August 2015)
Workshop materials from collaborations
- DEFNET Workshop: ReaxFF and ADF Overview presentations
- MCFF: ReaxFF force field optimization, hands-on session by Eldhose Iype at WAMD 2015
- Electrochemistry ReaxFF tutorial (by Donato Fantauzzi, Jonathan E. Mueller, Timo Jacob)
- Examples used by Marcel Swart for ADF workshops
- Investigating Chemical Bonding with ADF, workshop by Paul Jerabek, Hyderabad 2014: slides, input/output files
- ETS-NOCV workshop Marburg May 2015, slides, exercises by Mariusz Mitoraj
- Chemical bonding and activation strain models (slides from Matthias Bickelhaupt)
- Understanding H bonding through Kohn-Sham MO theory and EDA (slides from Celia Fonseca Guerra)
Specialized Webinars by expert users and developers:
These cover advanced topics such as electronic couplings, QM/MM, DIM/QM for SERS, ETS-NOCV for chemical bonding analysis. On the webinar page you can register for upcoming presentations, or play back previous ones.